The Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS) is a card accreditation initiative to demonstrate the plant operators’ vocational skills. It is the UK’s largest, most prestigious and most highly recognised card scheme for the construction plant industry.
This 3 day CPCS A09 Forward Tipping Dumper training course is for delegates with no experience who intend to operating a Forward Tipping Dumper. Training is provided by experience, friendly trainers and accredited by the Construction Plant Competence Scheme (CPCS).
- Carrying out pre start and running checks.
- Set the Dumper for site & road travel.
- Travel over differing types of terrain, including rough undulating ground both loaded & unloaded.
- Travel up & down substantial inclines loaded & unloaded.
- Position dumper to receive loads.
- Comply with loading procedures.
- Discharge loads into trenches & over edges.
- Place machine in and out of service condition
- Explain loading and unloading procedures on & off of Transporter
ENDORSEMENTS (please state when booking course)
You must have a basic understanding and knowledge of current Health & Safety issues.
The CITB Operatives Health & Safety touch screen test must be current and in date. (Completed within the last 24 months)
Completion of the course:
Candidates will take a verbal theory test, and complete a practical assessment. Successful candidates will receive a 2 Year CPCS Red Trained Operator License
After gaining experience on site, you must complete a NVQ/SVQ level 2 within 2 years to get the CPCS (blue) competent operator card. For more detail contact us on 0151-933-0905.
Grants are available for eligible employers. For further information please visit our grant pages.