The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) has developed the IOSH Managing Safely course to improve workplace safety by providing workers with the knowledge required to ensure that their actions contribute to health and safety and that individual responsibilities are clearly understood.
Managing Safely course is designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation worldwide. This course is designed for anyone with responsibility for Health & Safety management and associated legislations. They won’t suddenly become safety experts – but they’ll get up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take, and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the safety and health issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, Managing Safely makes a powerful case for safety and health being an integral part of day-to-day management and business.
Managing Safely cover:
- Health and Safety Legislation
- Health and safety management
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks and Risk Assessments
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents
- Measuring performance
- Safe Working Practices
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Work more safely to minimise risks to themselves and others.
- Review safety management arrangements in place and their effectiveness.
- Understand and appreciate the safety and legal implications of management actions relating to Health & Safety.
- Play a key role in the development of safety management systems and a safer working culture for your organisation.
Qualification: IOSH Managing Safely Certificate
A one-day Managing Safely Refresher course is available to delegates who have already completed the full Managing Safely course. Contact us for more details on 0151-933-0905