There are all types of hazards on a construction site and it is important that these can be recognised as a way of reducing risk. The Health and Safety Awareness Course is aimed at individuals who are applying for a Green CSCS Card. It is also an alternative route to the QCF Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment for the CSCS Labourer Card. in addition, the training course highlights self-awareness, hazards, and health and safety on a construction site.
This 1 day training course will enable candidates to:
- Have a basic understanding of Health and Safety Laws
- Understand the importance of preventing accidents
- Understand why risk assessments and method statements are necessary
- Obligations regarding unsafe activities to prevent accidents
- The importance of working safely and asking for help and guidance in times of uncertainty
- Recognising the importance of their role and how it relates to controlling and managing the rest of the site
Candidates must be competent in English at operative level. The course content is suited to all ability levels.
Progression from this course would be to attend the Site supervision safety training scheme (SSSTS) course or a supervisor specialist skills course.
Assessment will be by multiple-choice question paper at the end of the course. Candidates are also expected to actively participate during the course.