CITB – 2 Day CITB – Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
The Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme training is a 2 day programme. It is designed for line managers, foremen, gangers, team leaders and supervisors. The course is relevant to individuals who have, or are about to achieve supervisory duties and responsibilities. The SSSTS course is recognised as the standard requirement for a supervisor role in the construction industry.
At the end of the course you will gain an understanding of:
- Health and Safety laws and how it applies to supervisors
- Your supervisory responsibilities in controlling site safely
- Risk assessments and the need for method statements
- Effective site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Monitoring site activities effectively
- Timely intervention when bad practice are identified
Assessment will be by an end of course examination and the trainer review. The candidate must pass the exam and pass all three elements of the trainer review.
The examination demonstrates to external bodies that the certificate is only awarded to successful candidates
following both an assessment and examination. The trainer review demonstrates engagement, collaborative working and listening skills – key elements of becoming a supervisor.
The paper consists of 25 questions: 22 multiple choice questions and three short written questions and answers. There are four safety critical questions at the beginning of each paper that must be answered correctly. This exam paper must be taken at the end of the course. Successful candidates will gain an industry recognised certificate valid for 5 years, accredited by CITB.