Here at Know How Training we are a CITB Approved Training Organisation. We providing various CITB Site Safety Plus courses, Health and Safety training courses, as well as offering consultancy to construction, manufacture, retail and healthcare sectors throughout the UK. Companies and individuals can benefit from our Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS course) Online Virtual Remote Learning or face to face classrooms.
Booking Online Virtual Remote Learning SSSTS Training Course
Due to current Covid-19 restrictions, we are having smaller classrooms environment. You can also book to attend a SSSTS Online Virtual Remote Learning course with us, which covers the same information and results in the same qualification. Prerequisite for attending Online Virtual Remote Learning : Good WIFI , Laptop/Ipad, Webcam, build in mic/headset.
This situation is under continual review, so please contact us for the latest information.
Booking Classroom SSSTS Training Course
Know-How Training also offers the Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) in London, Liverpool, Manchester and Lancashire.
Know-How Training would like to remind delegates and staff that it is essential that all COVID-19 advice is followed and that you comply with all health, safety and welfare Government-issued
guidelines in order to protect all staff and delegates. Our classroom courses have smaller attendees, and delegate and staff are to follow our strict COVID 19 rules set out in the Joining Instructions. Know-How Training would would like to sure delegates and staff we review and update guidance issued by the Governments.
CITB Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme
The SSSTS course is design for line managers, foremen, gangers, team leaders and supervisors, and it is eligible for the CITB Levy, Grants and Funding Scheme, which offers employers in the construction industry grants to train their workers. It is suitable for those with new or existing supervisory duties and responsibilities.
A certain element of risk is present in the construction industry, with 36 fatalities in the UK from 2018-19, according to the Health and Safety Executive. Construction workers are at around 50% higher risk of injury than other industry workers, with around 2.6% of workers having suffered from some sort of injury.
In order to lessen the risk, and reduce fatality rates, the SSSTS course in Liverpool ensures that members of staff are properly trained to an adequate level. The training highlights the legal responsibilities of supervisors and the importance of leading the way to promote health and safety in the workplace. It comprises of an assessment through examination at the end of the course, which will subsequently be recognised with an industry recognised certificate, which is valid for five years and accredited by CITB.
At the end of the course you will gain an understanding of:
- Describe the purpose of health and safety legislation and the different legislative requirements that must be followed to ensure this is achieved.
- Explain how the CDM regulations are used to support health and safety on site.
- Describe how to develop and maintain a health and safety management system.
- Write and use risk assessments and method statements to ensure a safe working environment.
- Outline how to complete statutory inspections, checks and monitoring for a construction site.
- Describe how to report accidents, injuries and ill health that may occur in the construction industry.
- Explain how good leadership and worker engagement can aid with protecting the workforce.
- Explain how to protect the health and welfare of the workforce in the construction industry.
- Explain how to manage first aid and emergency procedures for a construction site.
- Explain how to identify and handle hazardous substances associated with working on a construction site.
- Outline the risks to health posed by asbestos, and the basic legal requirements to manage those risks.
- Outline how to control exposure to dust and fumes (respiratory hazards) for workers on a construction site.
- Explain how to control exposure to noise and vibration for construction workers.
- Outline how to properly undertake manual handling activities when lifting loads.
- Identify factors to be considered when setting up a construction site.
- Identify the main fire hazard risks and identify basic requirements for fire safety on site.
- Identify the dangers of electricity and good working practices for working on or near to live electrical circuits and with electrical tools and equipment.
- State the importance of control and the management of plant, transport and work equipment on site.
- Identify the basic requirements for safe lifting operations, equipment and accessories and the steps required to ensure safety.
- Describe the key principles for working safely at height.
- Outline the main hazards and control considerations for excavation work.
- Describe how to locate, identify and plan for work near underground and overhead services.
- Describe the main hazards and safety considerations for working in a confined space.
- Describe the main duties of temporary work supervisors
- State your role in environmental awareness on site.
- State your role in preventing pollution.
- Explain how environmental damage can occur from improper management of waste materials.
Explain your part in reducing nuisance, noise, dust and light.
Assessment will be an end of course examination and the trainer review.
The candidate must pass the exam and pass all three elements of the trainer review.
The examination demonstrates to external bodies that the certificate is only awarded to successful candidates following both an assessment and examination.
The trainer review demonstrates engagement, collaborative working and listening skills – key elements of becoming a supervisor.
The paper consists of 25 questions: 22 multiple choice questions and three short written questions and answers. There are four safety critical questions at the beginning of each paper that must be answered correctly. This exam paper must be taken at the end of the course. Successful candidates will gain an industry recognised certificate valid for 5 years, accredited by CITB.
Full 2 Day Course
£200.00 – £240.00