Here at Know-How-Training Ltd we can provide paediatric first aid training in Liverpool to anyone who wishes to acquire the skills in general, or to those working with children who are legally required to meet with the standards set out to ensure and promote the health and safety of children in their care or premises. The qualifications our course provides meets with the standards and training required that is part of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), as well as those with Childcare Registration. The statutory framework includes school leaders and other staff, childminders, and childcare providers.
2 Day First Aid Training
If you need to arrange a 2-day first aid training program for any of your staff, or a refresher course, in Liverpool, then we can cater to your needs, whether it is for just one individual, or for a group training day. We can even provide training to parents that have acknowledged the benefits of having these valuable skills in the event an accident or any other incident, to preserve life, prevent harm and promote recovery in young children.
The first aid training course and the paediatric first aid courses follow a very similar route of training. For example, they both involve the same techniques that can care for airways, breathing and circulation in the event of choking, shock or an allergic reaction as well as other emergency situations. However, the differences between the two is in how these techniques are practically applied.
Whereas each of these courses are designed to accomplish the same goals and objectives, the techniques and sometimes subtle differences in the way the first aid is carried out can make all of the difference to the situation. Therefore, it is also highly recommended, that those who own recreational services that caters to children, such as soft play houses, jungle gyms or swimming pools, have staff available that has completed first aid training courses that are specific to children and babies.
This first aid training course in Liverpool covers the following information:
- The responsibilities of you as a paediatric first aider
- How to correctly assess the casualty to apply the correct first aid, while keeping you and others from further harm.
- The types of first aid emergencies that can occur and how to avoid them. (E.g. removing choking hazards and covering plug sockets.)
- Resuscitation including chest compressions, and by extension learning how to place a child in the recovery position when suitable breathing and circulation have resumed.
- And the after care that must be followed up when an emergency situation has occurred.
Those enrolled in the course will also learn how to deal with:
- Bites, stings and allergic reactions
- Eye injuries
- Foreign objects that are lodged in eye, ear or nose
- Shock (including electrical)
- Cuts and injuries, including burns, breaks and fractures
- How to control bleeding
- The break out of viruses and diseases
- The emergency needs of specific medical conditions including asthma, diabetes and epilepsy
So, if you have been asking for ‘suitable and fully accredited first aid training near me’, or you would like more information on what else the qualification and courses involves, then contact Know-How-Training today.
Upon successful completion, learners will be awarded a Paediatric First Aid Level 3 certificate by First Aid Awards (FAA) — a body regulated by SQA Accreditation and Ofqual. This qualification will be valid for three years. Know-How Training Ltd’s qualifications are aligned with that of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) and the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF).
For your questions about our paediatric first aid course in Liverpool, call us on 0151 933 0905 today or fill our form and we’ll get in touch with you shortly.
Paediatric First Aid
Paediatric First Aid At Work Level 3
This 2 Day Paediatric First Aid course can also be delivered directly in your workplace for 6-10 delegates for only £800.00 +Vat. Delivered in Liverpool, Manchester and across North Wales.