The Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) has developed the IOSH Working Safely course to improve workplace safety by providing workers with the knowledge required to ensure that their actions contribute to health and safety and that individual responsibilities are clearly understood.
IOSH Working Safely course is designed for all levels of personnel, as it is everybody’s responsibility to ensure Health & Safety in the workplace.
- Introduction to include case law updates and the reasons for managing safety.
- Accident causes and their investigation.
- Records and reporting (RIDDOR).
- Risk management and safe systems of work.
- Criminal law and individuals responsibilities.
- Safety policies.
- Communication and consultation.
- Safety signs.
- Common hazards.
- Organisation specific hazards.
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Identify hazards and evaluate risks in the workplace.
- Use appropriate workplace precautions for specific risks or seek advice on workplace precautions.
- Assist managers in preparing written risk assessments.
- Follow their organisation’s Health & Safety policy.
- Co-operate and communicate on Health & Safety matters.
- Carry out work activities without risk to themselves or others.
- Report relevant accidents and incidents, monitor their own activities, and assist managers in active monitoring.
Successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded the IOSH Working Safely Certificate.
For booking call on 0151-933-0905 or fill out the online form below