The first step to reducing risks on a construction site is recognising all types of hazard that may be present. This course is eligible for the CITB Levy, Grants and Funding Scheme
Know-How Training & Consultancy Ltd offers a one-day course for health and safety awareness in Liverpool to individuals looking to obtain a CSCS Labourers (Green) Card.
You may also take the CITB Health and Safety Awareness to prepare for the CITB Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment test (CSCS). This course is also a great option for individuals who seek a refresher training to prepare for operations in the construction or building sector. The CITB course for health and safety awareness also makes an alternative route to the QCF Level 1 Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment course.
Ultimately, this training course highlights self-awareness, hazards, and health and safety on construction sites.
After your one-day course for health and safety awareness in Liverpool, you should be able to:
- Have a basic understanding of construction site Health and Safety Laws
- Have an understanding of your obligations regarding unsafe activities, in order to prevent accidents
- Understand the importance of accident prevention
- Understand the need for risk assessments and method statements
- Understand the importance of applying safe work processes as well as asking for help and guidance when feeling uncertain
- Recognise the importance of your role and how it relates to the site control and management
- Identify and implement better safety standards in the workplace
- Identify the different kinds of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and their uses
- Identify hazardous substances and how to handle them properly
- Know how to report unsafe acts to prevent accidents
English competency at an operative level is required, but the content of the course is suited to all ability levels.
The next level would be to attend a supervisor specialist skills course or the Site Supervision Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) course.
Candidates are expected to actively participate during the course. There will also be a multiple-choice question assessment by the end of your Liverpool health and safety awareness course.
Why Take Your Course at Know-How Training Ltd?
Know-How Training & Consultancy Ltd is a trusted provider of health and safety mandatory and legislative training courses. Training has always been our specialisation. We assist individuals in securing competency through methodical training and skill building. Our focus is on helping our clients learn and providing the support they need to reach their objectives.
The Know-How Training & Consultancy Ltd also works closely with employers. Refer the members of your team to us for employment and apprenticeships.
1 Day Course
CITB Health and Safety Awareness Course
£99.99 – £120.00