CPCS Slinger Signaller Training Course is a 4-day course designed to provide novice and intermediate operators with slinging load training using plant machinery. The course will enable to competently and safely carry out the role of a slinger/signaller and pass the CPCS theory/practical assessments. The A40 course is Completing the course successfully will entitle you to a CPCS Red Trained Operator Card (After completing the appropriate CPCS Technical Tests).
Course Pre-requisite :
Candidates must have a valid health, safety and environment test for operatives (OPS) within the past 2 years
This course is delivered through a combination of classroom-based tutorials and practical exercises which include:
- Legislation ‐ LOLER, PUWER, HASAWA
- Codes of practice ‐ BS7121
- Roles and responsibilities of personnel involved with lifting operations
- Documentation and certification for lifting equipment and lifting accessories
- Lifting accessories
- Types of accessories and use
- Slinging techniques
- Down rating of accessories
- Sling angles
- Establishing load weight and centre of gravity
- Proximity hazards
- Selecting lifting accessories
- Verifying documentation and certification
- Attaching accessories to different loads
- Signalling for the lifting, transferring and positioning of loads
- Safe use of radios
After completing the CPCS A40 Signal/Slinger, to further your skills and knowledge its advice to follow up by an NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Controlling Lifting Operations – Slinger/Signaller (Construction), within two years. This will award you with a CPCS Competent Operator card for Slinger/Signaller.
After gaining experience within lifting operations you may wish to progress attending a Crane Supervisor or Appointed Person course.
Novice 4 Day Course
CPCS A40 Slingler